Visions Health Care
Vision Health Care was featured in the New England Real Estate
Journal as the project of the month in the February 2013 Green Buildings
Section. This section features projects that are designed to incorporate
materials and system that have a more positive effect on the environment as
compared with traditional design and construction methods.
Norwood Engineering provided stormwater management design elements
that promoted enhancing the water quality of the stormwater runoff as well
as promoting stormwater infiltration to recharge the groundwater.
Featured in New England Real estate Journal, February 2013
- Bioretention Areas / Rain Gardens
- Pollutant removal of stormwater runoff
- Remove suspended solids, metals, and nutrients
- Infiltrate rainfall
- Enhance site aesthetics
- Stormwater Infiltration system
- This system provide underground storage for stormwater
runoff. The stored runoff gradually exfiltrates through
the system into the subsoil and eventually into the water
table. This helps preserve the natural water balance of the site by providing
runoff pollution control.
- Stormwater treatment units
- These units reduce pollutants in stormwater runoff. They remove sediment
and suspended soils, and also reduce the amount of oils in stormwater runoff.
- Water Quality Swales
These swales provide water quality and quantity control benefits.